The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Programme (JJ/WBGSP) is a programme designed to help men and women from developing countries pursue postgraduate degrees in development-related fields.
The scholarship provides opportunities for approximately 26 participating programs at universities in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key development areas such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
|Host: Japan & World Bank|
Open to: Developing countries
Deadline: 28th February. 2023
Eligibility Criteria| Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
- The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship applicants must be citizens of a World Bank member developing country and cannot hold dual citizenship in another country.
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent at least three years prior to the application deadline.
- After earning a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, applicants must have 3 years or more of development-related experience.
- It is necessary to be in good health.
- Applicants must have been offered unconditional admission to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP Preferred or Partner Master’s Degree Programs for the upcoming academic year.
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
To be considered for a Joint Japan World Bank Graduate scholarship, you must first apply for admission to at least one of the Participating Programs and be unconditionally accepted. YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION AN UNCONDITIONAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM A PARTICIPATING MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM. Once the scholarship is open for applications, they are submitted online. Depending on the participating program, there are two application windows.
- • Application Window#1
From 16 January 2023 to 28 February 2023 at noon Washington time
JJWBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #1
- • Application Window #2
From 27 March 2023 to 26 May 2023 at noon Washington time
JJWBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #2
For more information, visit Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship