Deadline: December 20, 2022
Applications are open for the New Asian Writing (NAW) Solitude Writing Grant 2023. New Asian Writing understands how important it is for freelance writers to work in solitude and will provide monetary support to pursue creative projects.
The New Asian Writing (NAW) is a literary community dedicated to publishing quality fiction and non-fiction with an Asian theme. The New Asian Writing project was started at the beginning of 2010 as a Bangkok based press.
- The total grant is INR 50,000 (will be payable in two installments of INR 30,000 and INR 20,000).
- All writers/journalists/bloggers working in the South Asian Region are eligible to apply;
- The nationality of the author does not matter;
- The work must be related to the South Asian region;
- Accepted languages: English/Hindi;
- Accepted proposal formats: Anything goes, articles, blogs, journal pieces, as long as it will lead to a book sometime in the future.
Submit a proposal of 600 words (title included) explaining why you need the grant money and what will you spend it on. Utilization of grant money for personal expenses and daily requirements is discouraged and the budget submitted should instead focus on equipment, travel, and stay during research work. The first 400 words should explain what you plan to work on and a brief about your background and writing works (if available). Keep the budget part limited to a paragraph or a small table.
Accepted proposals will focus on fiction or non-fiction writings that will ultimately lead to the production of a book. You need not submit proof of contract from a publisher. As long as you are working towards that goal, that is all they need. The grant is being provided for writers to engage in creative work without worrying about monetary resources for a particular piece of work.
Submit applications via email to [email protected], substituting the “[@]” with “@” with the subject line: Proposal for NAW Solitude Writing Grant 2022
For more information, visit NAW Solitude Writing Grant.