Deadline: January 25, 2023
Applications are open for the Rise Challenge 2023. Rise is a global initiative that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve others. The program offers 100 Global Winners access to benefits that last a lifetime including need-based scholarships, a fully-funded residential experience, mentorship, career development opportunities, funding, and more.
Are you ages 15–17? Do you want to use your brilliance to solve the world’s most pressing challenges?
Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them as they work to serve others. They understand that economic barriers are not the only challenges that keep brilliant people from serving others throughout their lives.
How It Works
Each year, Rise invites 15-17 year olds from around the world to participate in the Rise Challenge. Unlike many traditional applications, Rise uses videos, projects, and group interviews so applicants have multiple opportunities to showcase their potential.
The Rise Challenge encourages applicants to create an individual project that demonstrates their talents and benefits their communities, and peer review other applicants’ projects, among other activities. After applicants complete the Rise Challenge, Rise selects up to 500 Finalists to advance to “Finalist Days,” where they demonstrate their motivations, problem-solving abilities, and teamwork skills in an innovative interview format.
From the 500 Finalists, Rise selects up to 100 Global Winners to receive various benefits as they work to serve others.
The program is personalized and flexible, tailored to Global Winners’ needs as they evolve over time. All Rise Global Winners received and participate in the following programs upon selection:
- A fully-funded Residential Summit: An invitation to attend a three-week residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort—to be held in a rotating location globally for each new cohort—as well as to join network events in subsequent years.
- Mentorship and Career Services: Mentors paired with each Global Winner to provide personal, academic, or professional guidance, and specialized career services for internships and jobs.
- Programming & Education: Virtual and in-person leadership and educational courses designed specifically for the Global Winner cohort, and a service commitment made through the Global Winner Pledge.
- Global Winner Network: Access to a network of other Global Winners across cohorts to connect on common interests, make service commitments, launch enterprises, and collaborate together.
- Higher Education Scholarships: A four-year, post-secondary scholarship at any accredited university, including tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Technology Package: Technology packages, such as laptops or tablets, to be determined each year.
- Applicants for the 2023 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2023, meaning they are born on or between July 2, 2005 and July 1, 2008.
- It does not matter what country you live in, background you come from, or academic experience you have. Whether you are interested in science, innovation, technology, art, policy, community organizing, or any other discipline—they want to hear from you.
Not eligible? You can still stay connected to Rise through our newsletter and recommending someone to join.
All Rise Global Winners demonstrate the five Rise Traits:
Contact them or email the Rise Team at [email protected] with any questions, and they’ll be happy to help you navigate the application process.
For more information, visit Rise Challenge.