Deadline: January 23, 2023
Applications are invited for the Teens Dream Changemaker Video Challenge 2022. Teens Dream is utilizing a fun video contest to inspire teens to make the world a better place.
All submitters will be invited to join the virtual rooms they call “SDG Hubs,” where teen-led action on the SDGs takes place. Ten winners will be eligible to receive up to $500 to implement their projects and have seven months to implement their vision for action and be honored with a Fall celebration to showcase their project, and the opportunity to participate and/or lead an SDG Hub.
Their goal is to build a global community of teen changemakers working with adult mentors and partner organizations to act on global challenges as outlined in the SDGs.
- Each of the top 10 finalists will receive up to $500, contingent upon a clear plan and budget for implementing their project idea that they will either articulate in their winning video or explain in more detail in a follow-up discussion with the Teens Dream Advisors.
- They will be featured on the Teens Dream website and acknowledged accordingly as winners.
- You must be 13 to 18 years old!
- You can be from anywhere in the world, but the video must be in English.
- You may work individually or as a group, but one person must apply and represent on behalf of the group.
- Parents and adults can be advisors but shall not have any hands on involvement.
- You can submit videos multiple years in a row, but if you win, you can’t win twice in a row.
- All submitters must have verified contact information.
- Immediate family members of the organizers are ineligible to submit!
- The video opening title must read “2022 Teens Dream – (a name that highlights your dream, for example “2022 Teens Dream – Global Equality”).
- The video closing title should be at least 4 seconds with the following text: “Submitted to the 2022 Teens Dream Video Competition: Changemaker Challenge.
Create 2 minutes or less video that expresses your dream, how it relates to one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and how you, as an agent of change, plan to see it realized.
Videos will be judged based on the criteria outlined in the Rubric. The video must be appropriate for viewers who are 10 years and older. Individuals or groups may submit one video per SDG Category. Upload your video before the closing deadline of January 23, 2023 at 11:59PM EST.
For more information, visit Changemaker Video Challenge.