Deadline: March 12, 2023
Applications are open for the World Habitat Awards 2023. The World Habitat Awards recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
More than 360 outstanding World Habitat Awards projects have been recognised over the years, demonstrating substantial, lasting improvements in living conditions.
The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work. This year they will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programmes.
- The two GOLD Award-winning projects receive:
- a trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- prize money of £10,000; and
- follow-up support from World Habitat through their exChange programme.
- Silver and Bronze Award-winning projects receive a certificate, the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives, and entry to the World Habitat Award Winners Network.
Open to projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community.
Projects at design/ prototype/ planning stage or completed over ten years ago will not be considered.
For more information, visit World Habitat Awards.