The World Bank Internship Program provides a valuable opportunity for motivated individuals to gain exposure to the World Bank’s mission and operations. Interns can contribute new perspectives, innovative ideas, and research experience to the bank’s work, enhancing their skills in a diverse environment.
The program offers internships in various areas, including development operations and business units like human resources and communications. However, specific availability is contingent on business needs during a given internship term. It is a valuable experience that can enhance resumes with practical work exposure.
|Host: World Bank Group
Open to: All nationals
Deadline: January 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria: World Bank Internship Program
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate studies program (pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree with intentions to return to school full-time). There is no upper age limit.
- English fluency is necessary. Language skills in French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are preferred. Other skills, such as computer literacy, are desirable.
The Bank Internship Program typically looks for candidates in the following areas: operations (front line), covering fields such as economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, and population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and related fields. Alternatively, candidates are sought for corporate support roles in areas like Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services.
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB and should be in one of the following formats :.doc,.docx, or.pdf.
- Please make sure that the filenames of the documents that you are attaching do not contain any special characters, such as â-<>&#â, etc. PDF files are the best files to upload.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes or updates.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email confirmation providing you with your application number.
The WB gives all interns an hourly wage and, where available, a travel stipend of up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include air travel to and from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their housing. The majority of intern opportunities are based in Washington, DC, with a few more in WB international locations as needed.
Applicants interested in the Bank Internship Program can apply here
The following application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Use a browser version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- Please ensure that you have a reasonable-bandwidth internet connection with no network or firewall restrictions.
- You will be required to create an account and provide an email address. Check that your email address is spelled correctly, as this will be our primary means of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- You must complete your application in a single session, and you will be able to submit it only when you have uploaded all required documents and answered all questions (all questions indicated with an asterisk * are required).
- Please finish the application within 90 minutes to avoid a system timeout.
- Remember to input your whole phone number (country code, city code, and number).
- Please do not insert any special characters (â->&#â, etc.) in any of the application areas. Try not to copy and paste any characters or text from Microsoft Word.
For more information, visit the World Bank Internship Program