Deadline: January 11, 2023
Submit proposals for the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women 2022. The UN Trust Fund is seeking proposals for civil society-led, demand-driven initiatives to end violence against women and girls for three-year grants for up to USD $1 million.
This year’s funding will focus on ending violence against women and girls experiencing intersecting forms of discrimination and strengthening organizational preparedness and resilience to effectively address violence against women and girls before and once a crisis hits.
In parallel, this year’s Call includes a special focus to end violence against women and girls in the context of protracted crises, to support organizations working in these settings through initiatives that meet the specific needs of women and girls at risk and survivors of violence, especially those at risk of exclusion and marginalization.
- All civil society organizations can apply for a grant amount between $150,000 and $1,000,000.
- Small civil society organizations are eligible to apply for a ‘small grant’ of between $50,000 and $150,000 that includes additional core support for the organization.
- They will only accept applications from civil society organizations (CSOs), especially women’s rights organizations (WROs) with specialized knowledge, expertise, and a track record of working on the elimination of violence against women and girls.
- They will prioritize applications from women’s rights organizations, women-led organizations, constituent-led and grassroot women’s organizations.
The following are NOT eligible to apply for a grant:
- Organizations proposing interventions in a country not listed in the OECD DAC list of ODA recipients
- Organizations whose work and mission/vision statement do not focus on nor explicitly mention gender equality and the elimination of violence against women and/or girls
- Organizations that do not have a legal status (and are not operating) in the country or territory of implementation, and neither do any of its co-implementing partners
- Government agencies or institutions
- UN agencies or UN Country Teams
- Private individuals
- Private sector entities
- Organizations currently implementing a UN Trust Fund grant (unless it ends before March 2023)
All applications need to be submitted in the Grants Management System.
For more information, visit UN Trust Fund.