Deadline: 31st March, 2021
The Crystal Muslim Organization (CMO) is calling for submission of it’s 15th annual essay competition themed “The Society and Parents as Key Character Influencers of the Youth”. The essay competition is opened to all Nationals worldwide.
About CMO Competition: The purpose of the annual essay competition is to encourage young Muslims to learn more about Islam. CMO works to encourage encourage youths to get familiar with Islamic publications and imbibe the culture of research and reading. Non Muslims are also encouraged to participate in order to help them understand the Islamic way of life as we believe that through proper knowledge and understanding of our religions, we can create a peaceful coexistence between us.
The Essay Competition has been taking place every year since 2006. Alhamdulillah, year 2021 will make it 15 years of CMO Annual Youth Essay Competition.
Categories of CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition
The CMO Essay Competition has four categories respectively:
- Category A: this category is for Primary school pupils and they are expected to write an essay of about 250-300 words on My Parents as my Teacher.
- Category B: for Junior Secondary School Students, they are expected to write an essay of about 500-700 words on Disobedience to Parents and it’s Negative Impact on the Society.
- Category C: for Senior Secondary School Students, they are expected to write an essay of about 800-1000 words on Parents and the Influence of Peer Group on Teenage Development.
- Category D: this is for Tertiary Institutions students and they are expected to come up with an essay of about 1300-1500 words on the topic Child Upbringing and it’s Effect on the Society.
CMO will present the competition winners with prizes at the Annual Youth Essay Competition Prize Presentation and Seminar Day. This special event is an opportunity for CMO to acknowledge the winners. It is a free event open to all (participants and non-participants). The winners will be contacted weeks before the Seminar date. The winner in each category will have the opportunity to present his/her essay at the seminar.
In 2019, CMO introduced a new award in honour of Late Sheikha Bridget Aisha Lemu and her significant contribution to Islamic education. Starting 2019, the Best Participating School will win The Aisha Lemu Trophy.
The best three entries in each category will be shortlisted. The winner of the best entry in each category will be contacted via phone and/or email some weeks before the Seminar date.
The winners or their representative must be in attendance on the day of the Seminar. This is a condition that must be fulfilled.
CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition Guidelines
- This essay competition is an International Competition open to all.
- Every essay must include a contact address, phone number and email address of the writer.
- Each participant must download and complete the BIO-DATA FORM (Category A-C only).
- Each participant for Category D must submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Categories A-C entries with incomplete Bio Data forms or Category D without resume will be disqualified.
- Essays must be submitted in MS Word and PDF format.
- Entries for submission should be saved using this format: First Name, Email Address and Phone Number.
- Essay must be the work of the participant. Plagiarism will result in instant disqualification of participant.
- The three best essays in each category will be eligible for prizes subject to terms and conditions.
- The overall winner of each category will be invited to present his/her essay at the Essay Prize Presentation and Seminar Day.
- The Prize Presentation and Seminar Day is a free event open to all. All you are required to do is pre-register to attend
CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition Scoring Guidelines
To ensure that all participants are scored fairly, CMO has devised a unique process of scoring each essay eliminating marker bias.
The word counts for the categories are:
- Category A: (300 words maximum)
- Category B: (500 – 700 words)
- Category C: (800 – 1000 words)
- Category D: (1,300 – 1,500 words)
The marking criteria are:
- Adherence to recommended size of essay (10)
- Introduction (5)
- Grammar/Word usage (10)
- Content (20)
- Spelling (15)
- Relevance to the topic (10)
- Reference from the Qur’an & Sunnah (20)
- Neatness (5)
- Conclusion (5)
CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition Application Procedure
Interested and qualified persons should click the button below to Submit Essay.
- There will be no extension of the deadline date. Late submission will result in disqualification of participant.
- You are advised to try and submit your essay before the deadline date to avoid issues of overcrowded network.
- This competition is not open to Islamic scholars, PHD Holders and Lecturers.
- You will not be required to pay any money or perform any task that will require you to part with money or properties before you can be confirmed as a CMO essay competition winner.
- You will be required to foot your transportation and any other incidental cost that you will incur in attending the Seminar.
Click the button below to submit entry:
NOTE: deadline is 31st of March, 2021. For more information visit official website of the CMO 15th Annual Essay Competition 2021.