Deadline: March 1, 2023
Expo Live is looking for Innovative Grassroots Climate Solutions ahead of COP28. Calling all social entrepreneurs to register for the Expo Live Innovation Impact Grant Programme 2023 and submit ideas for climate-related interventions. The programme supports novel solutions that address pressing environmental/ climate challenges, with the promise of a brighter future for our planet
Selected global start-ups will each receive USD 50,000 grant plus exposure at COP28. In line with the UAE’s ‘Year of Sustainability’ in 2023, and a reflection of Expo City Dubai’s long-term commitment to deliver positive social, economic and environmental change, Expo Live exemplifies the collective responsibility and innovative spirit essential to achieving our climate goals.
Expo Live, which is now in its tenth year, has supported 140 Global Innovators from 76 countries to date. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live pitching event in Dubai in May, and the winners announced shortly afterwards.
Expo Live’s flagship Impact Grant Programme will award injection funds up to USD 50,000 to support the growth of social enterprises, start-ups and grassroots projects from around the world whose solutions generate social value in line with the legacy of Expo 2020 Dubai, and the ambition of Expo City Dubai.
The focus areas of this cycle will draw on the overarching theme of Climate Resilience, thereby honouring the commitment of Expo 2020 Dubai and now, Expo City Dubai to understand and nurture the bond that connects people, society and habitats and to find new paths for prosperity that can lead to a viable future.
Innovative solutions are therefore geared towards tackling environmental challenges, with sectors ranging from renewables scaling, to water systems, waste management, nature and land use, and more.
Innovation can come from anywhere. The aim of Expo Live is to identify and support ideas that have the potential to benefit communities and the natural world by encouraging innovators and other solution-seekers to work together in novel ways.
- Funding of up to USD 50,000 per innovative solution In addition to providing grants, Expo Live will leverage the upcoming 28th Conference of the Parties event to showcase the Global Innovators; connecting them to an international network of global leaders, businesses, and visitors.
The grant programme is an inclusive programme open to problem solvers from around the world ranging from individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, non-for-profit organizations, and government related entities. Applicants will be able to submit one application per a grant application cycle.
The Grant Programme seeks to fund advancestage projects, which are currently in the demonstration and implementation phase. Successful applicants will demonstrate how new innovations, or the innovative application of existing solutions, could lead to impressive impacts at community level. Potential for replication and/or scaling-up of solutions and impacts are important.
- Is the solution, or its application, novel or innovative?
- Is the project or business plan well-conceived; does the applicant have the capacity to implement the project, and is the requested grant amount reasonable and proportionate to the anticipated impacts?
- Does the project or solution clearly identify the environmental/ social impacts? Are the current and intended impacts measurable
- Is the project or solution ready for demonstration and/or transition-to-scale implementation? How will additional funding support the further development of the innovation or the scaling of the project?
- Register on their website www.expocitydubai.com/en/expo-live
- Submit a short abstract explaining the challenge you are tackling and your solution
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal
- The deadline for each round of submission of proposal abstracts are listed on the applications portal
For more information, visit Expo Live.