The Qatar University Scholarships for International Students are for academically distinguished students who apply for undergraduate programs. This highly competitive, fully funded scholarship is available to international students who have excelled academically and who wish to enroll in an undergraduate program.
It is requested that the applicant submit an application for the Qatar University Scholarship during the designated application period.
|Host: Qatar University
Open to: International Students
Deadline: 15th January. 2023
Eligibility Criteria| Qatar University Scholarship
Applicants for the Qatar University Scholarship are expected to meet the requirements listed below:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum high school average of 95%.
- Applicant must receive the final acceptance in the university.
- The applicant must meet the admission requirements for the college that they applied to.
- The scholarship should be utilized starting from the semester in which the scholarship was awarded. The start of the study can be postponed for one semester, if necessary, conditional on the approval of the scholarship committee. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be cancelled and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicants must have a good reputation.
- Applicant should not get benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
Conditions for Continuity of Scholarship
The student is required to keep up a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
A minimum of 12 hours must be successfully completed by the student each semester.
Until graduation, the student must maintain continuous enrollment (fall and spring).
The student must finish their studies within the time frame specified in their study plan.
Scholarship recipients are expected to follow Qatar University’s academic rules, policies, and procedures.
Must abide by the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
The Qatar University Scholarship will provide all successful applicants with the following:
- Exemption from paying tuition
Waiver of textbook fees and a monthly salary of 500 QR
- Two students per room in dorm-style housing with transportation to/from campus.
Yearly round-trip plane ticket
Permit to live there under QU sponsorship
Applicants interested in the Qatar University Scholarships for International Students can click the button to apply
International student applicants may apply for this scholarship through the online admission application in the “Scholarship Application” section during the announced application period.
International students must submit the original high school transcript and required documents during the application period for international students to Qatar University at the following address:
P.O. Box 2713
The evaluation of the applicants will take place seven weeks after the online scholarship application deadline. The nominated students will receive an initial conditional acceptance letter outlining the conditions that must be satisfied and the paperwork needed to receive the final acceptance.
The university will apply for visas after receiving the necessary paperwork, and the students will be informed. In accordance with the schedule provided, students will receive emails containing the final admission and scholarship decisions.
The scholarship committee may take into account the applicant’s standard test results for English (IELTS or TOEFL) and Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) after receiving the applications, as well as other test results it chooses.
For more information, visit Qatar University Scholarship