Applications for the 2024 Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University are now ongoing. The scholarship is available to both domestic and international students.
International scholars enrolled in the Master’s program at Yenching Academy are eligible for a scholarship that covers tuition fees, round-trip airfare to Beijing, accommodation, and living expenses on the Peking University campus.
|Host: Peking University|
Open to: International Students
Deadline: January 31, 2024
About the Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024
Scholars at the Yenching Academy are awarded full fellowships and have access to a comprehensive range of interdisciplinary courses on China across the widely defined subjects of social sciences and humanities. Yenching Scholars select courses from six research areas to design their own study programs in close collaboration with their academic advisors.
Apply Now: Deakin University HDR Scholarship
The Yenching programme places an “emphasis on interdisciplinarity and the value it assigns to thinking about China’s development from both Chinese and international perspectives.”
The Yenching Academy Scholarship is open to applicants who meet the requirements below:
- Be a domestic or international student.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2024;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Full tuition fees
- Round-trip airfare to Beijing
- Accommodation, and
- Living costs on the Peking University campus.
Applicants interested in the Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 can submit their applications through the Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each candidate will need to establish an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and provide the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrolment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185, CET 6: Overall 600, TEM 4
For more information, visit Yenching Academy Scholarship