Applications for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6 are ongoing.
About the Lead2030 Challenge For SDG 6
The Lead2030 Challenge aims to promote solutions that work to ensure that everyone has access to sufficient and equitable sanitation and hygiene, as well as to eradicate open defecation, with a special focus on the requirements of rural people in emerging countries with limited infrastructure. A special emphasis should be placed on children, women/girls, and those who are most vulnerable.
Applicants should demonstrate impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Incentivise and educate vulnerable females in rural communities to alleviate the practice of open defecation to not only prevent the spread of life threatening diseases but also to empower females to feel safe in their own communities.
- Drive focused behaviour change to ensure good hygiene practice and educate on self-sufficient practices to reduce the spread of preventable disease such as diarrhoea.
- Ensure basic sanitation facilities are not just developed but are sustainable in the long term allowing communities to feel empowered to maintain solutions for generations to come.
- Project should be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Be founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
The Lead2030 Challenge winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Reckitt
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Reckitt professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Application for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6 must be done online.
NOTE: You cannot save draft responses for this application so they recommend drafting your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
For more information visit the official website of the Lead2030 Challenge